I am 26 years of age, I am Jamaican. I have an extensive experience caring for children ranging from...Read More
I am Roisven Galdo, a licensed and trained Caregiver. I am interested to apply as Family Caregiver. ...Read More
Home care services have become essential for a large number of people worldwide. Community and home care services help people to get special health care services in their homes instead of hospitals or care centers. Home and community care are delivered by health care professionals such as nurses, health care aide, caregivers, personal support workers and more. Home care services include the following:
It's like having a home care aid by your side in the home. You can get any type of help by hiring private Homecare in Canada. At careprofessional.ca we provide the most helpful services for home care in Ontario at very reasonable prices.
The basic purpose of Home care in Canada is to make sure that the patient can get adequate medical assistance at his/her home so that they can feel more comfortable. There are many different types of services, and they vary from one Home Care agency to the other. Some of the basic types are:
These premium home care services are provided by registered nurses or practical licensed nurses. They are responsible for different types of operations such as wound treatment, pain management, medication administration, post-surgery care, and disease management, etc.,
When nursing is not enough, the health care agencies provide therapy services too. It may include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy, etc.,
These home care providers take care of the social needs of the patient and his family. They can act as case managers for people with complex demands. They can help to collect financial resources for the family if needed. They also counsel about all the mind disturbing factors such as illness, grief and family conflicts.
Home Health Aides/Home Care Aides: A home care aide can help you in all the basic tasks from taking a bath, getting dressed, getting out of the bed, combing your hair to feeding you food. If they are trained under nurses, they can perform some complex operations too in some cases.
Homemaker/Attendant Care: homemaker can do light household chores for you such as laundry, washing dishes, yard work or cleaning. Some people appoint a homemaker along with home care providers.
A volunteer from a community or organization can give you emotional support, do your light paperwork and take you to and from the doctor.
Problem-solving or other help by phone for an immediate consultation.
Dentists, clergy, specialist doctors, and other health professionals.
Other then services, Home care in Toronto have three basic types.
1. Personal Care: Help with everyday activities like bathing and dressing, meal preparation, and responsibilities to change independence and safety.
2. Private Nursing Care: Long-term, hourly medical aid reception for adults with chronic ill health, injury, or disability.
3. Home Care: Short-term, physician to assist a patient in enduring an illness, injury or disease.
People may get confused about the difference between a home care provider and a health care aide. There are many points in which they differ from each other. Some of them are listed below.
• Qualification: A personal care assistant may not need any special training while home health aids are properly trained. Although the home care in Ontario may differ from other states.
• A personal care assistant doesn’t need any license to work but in the case of a health care aide and nursing assistant, it is must to pass the exams and get the license before starting working.
• The job responsibility of a personal care assistant is to assist in bathing, dressing, doing light household chores and running errands while the responsibility of a nursing assistant includes Personal care, making beds, serving meals, observing changes in patient’s condition, setting up medical equipment, etc.
• The work alternatives for a health care aide is private homes, nursing homes, and doctor’s office while the workplace alternatives for nursing assistant are home, hospitals, rehabilitation center, day care centers, and skilled nursing facilities.
• There are no medical related tasks for a personal care assistant or healthcare aide, while nursing assistant has many senior health care services such as pain management, disease management and checking the infections, etc.,